• Coral Reef Shop
  • Ontario Agra
  • Under The Sea
  • Niagara Fire Corals

Cliff’s in wall reef

Luke_L

Founder/Admin
Staff member
Funny you should say that Luke. We were out of the house for most of the summer with a main floor reno and I'm now working up north 4 days/week and my tank has never looked better. Lots of growth, with the only losses really due to over crowding. Had a scare the other week though, my daughter called me Wednesday afternoon to ask if my tank was supposed to be that noisy. Was in the middle of somethng so I couldn't talk but when I called her back 45 mins later I had lost about 20% of my system volume, my pumps were running dry and a few of my corals were 1/4 way out of the water. My overflow of my in-line mantis tank was all gunked up so the water started to overflow. I walked her through what to shut off and had her siphon water from my frag into my display to stabilize things, and then high-tailed it back home to do the rest. I've never had something like this happen and I'm lucky it wasn't much worse. Now I've added a few extra steps to my maintenance routine!
My top off is maintained by my Apex I added a theoretical Outlet called "ATO timeout" in the event that the ATO pump is on for more than 5 minutes then ATO time out is activated and I get a text message... with that and the help of a couple Leak Detectors hook to the Apex, knock on wood she runs smooth

Andrew D

I'm probably one of the few that doesn't have an apex, never really felt the need for one. And my top-off isn't triggered by water level, I have it dosing at regular intervals based on historical evaporation rates. However some leak detectors would be a good idea lol.

Luke_L

Founder/Admin
Staff member
I'm probably one of the few that doesn't have an apex, never really felt the need for one. And my top-off isn't triggered by water level, I have it dosing at regular intervals based on historical evaporation rates. However some leak detectors would be a good idea lol.
Wow, that's kinda cool, I see what you mean by dialing it in.