• Coral Reef Shop
  • Ontario Agra
  • Under The Sea
  • Niagara Fire Corals

Dosing pump setups

Rookie

Hey all, I know of at least one guy that will jump in here.

I've had a jabeo 4 head doser sitting here for about a year looking to finally set it up.

Kalk is the first thing - anyone have preferences for brands?

Other than that, everything else tested within tolerance. Magnesium could come up a little....

Any suggestions on setups?

Luke_L

Founder/Admin
Staff member
I alternate back and forth when I'm dosing magnesium, I make one batch out of Epsom salts, then next time out of mag flake (minor brothers) see one is a sulfate, and one a chloride, that in mind, I use a calcium reactor, with mag pellets in my reactor, so only once a month or every 2 month I hafta bump mag up...

Glennf

if you are considering kalk and you have a smaller system brightwell kalk + 2 has magnesium and strontium in it. I personally use cheaper stuff as I have larger system. Even going to alphachem and buying bulk. The only problem with bulk it degrades unless you have good seal as you store it.

Luigi

I do have a Jebao dosing unit with 4 dosing pump and a 3 chamber container for Ca- mag- alk , and a container with kalk..
When you dose Do Not dose all at the same time.... Give a minute or two In between...
My Kalk is dosed at night Time
When Photosynthesis is Zero, because Its At this time its when oxygen gets taken back from all the inhabitants exchanging it for CO2 that combined
With environmental CO2... Will drop the PH below optimal parameters
As Kalk I use food grade Miss Wages
I couple of years ago in the U.S. had a sale. $4 USD for a 2 Lbs bag