• Coral Reef Shop
  • Ontario Agra
  • Under The Sea
  • Niagara Fire Corals

Fusion update on March 10 causing notification.

Luke_L

Founder/Admin
Staff member
This was cut and pasted from their page.

MODULE MISSING BADGE IN APEX FUSION INFORMATION: On 3/9/21 an update to Apex Fusion happened that added some new features. The update occurred to support our recently announced GRO Refugium light and add some other small features. One said feature, which has been in testing for months with our NSI Beta Fusion team, is a badge in Apex Fusion the notifies you that a module is "missing." A "missing" module is a module that is no longer connected or communicating with your Apex. It could be a module that you physically removed from the system because you didn't need it any more, or it could be a module that is not working properly, and thus, not communicating with your Apex anymore. At this time the notification badge in Apex Fusion is purely informational. Later, in a future update to your actual Apex, there will be notification support for these "missing" modules if you would like them. If you would like to know which module is currently "missing," then: Click on the alarm badge in the top left corner in your Apex Fusion Dashboard Tap on the modules missing alert Modules that are highlighted in red or have an exclamation point next them are "missing" If the modules are no longer physically connected to the system and you would like to delete it then: Select the module highlighted in red Select "Action" Select "Delete" Select "Update" Please note this is only possible on the Apex and Apex EL. It is not possible to do this via an Apex Classic from Apex Fusion. You can delete modules from the Classic Local Dashboard or your display module.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1615458547204.jpg
    FB_IMG_1615458547204.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 3
  • FB_IMG_1615458550385.jpg
    FB_IMG_1615458550385.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 3
  • FB_IMG_1615458553061.jpg
    FB_IMG_1615458553061.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 2
  • FB_IMG_1615458555785.jpg
    FB_IMG_1615458555785.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 3

Luke_L

Founder/Admin
Staff member
When I get home from work I will post pics on how to fix it on classic.

Luke_L

Founder/Admin
Staff member
so in my case i had 6 missing modules error... one was an old afs module that i no longer have... and a bunch of display modules that i was testing for other people.... (once you plug a module in, your apex brain gets married to it and remembers it... even if it hasent been there in 10 years...)

here is the instructions for the classic... (using apex local.)
Screenshot_20210311-195232_Samsung Internet.jpg
then click module setup... it will pull up this screen..
20210311_193900.jpg
after selecting the pull down menu, i can see the problem, i know i dont have 6 display modules... and i know i only have 1 AFS,,,,
with the AFS, i knew that the "AFS_8" was the one that doesn't exist... (because if i use afs_3 to feed fish right now.. (i checked by going to fusion and feeding the fish)
so i clicked afs_8 then select Delete module, then click "submit module change"

next was the hard part... because i couldn't figure out how to tell which display module was the real one.... i just deleted all of them, until i found one that kept coming back.... lol
20210311_194415.jpg

please note any of the older modules that use the phone cord will not show up in this list...
finally, i refeshed the apex fusion page... and the error is gone...
Screenshot from 2021-03-11 19-45-09.png

Limey

Founder/Admin
Staff member
Thanks for the help Luke really simple and easy.
Especially if you delete the actual display you are using it reappears, so you cannot accidently delete it...LOL

Had a few display modules showing as I have test other peoples displays in the past by pluging them in to see if they worked,
had to do a reboot a couple times as there were three display nodes re-appearing, the reboot did the trick.