• Coral Reef Shop
  • Ontario Agra
  • Under The Sea
  • Niagara Fire Corals

Steph’s Little 40 Gallon

steph

5432097D-AAEE-442D-8DE8-D1AA542B4824.jpegI have a dilemma- my anemone is one of my favourite parts of my tank but she is a free spirit. I got her T5s thinking that she was searching for better light, I move the wave maker around to try and get her in a better spot and still she spreads out big as a dinner plate and takes up a third of the tank while moving all around on her rock causing havoc. I have an AIO and even if I had a good sump I wouldn’t want to put her in there. I was thinking of maybe getting a little 5 gallon and plumbing it into my dt so I don’t have to worry about two different systems.
Is this a dumb idea? Do you think she will be ok in a 5 gallon if the total system volume is 45? One day I will have enough room to have a better set up but for now I am not sure what else to do.

Luigi

Imo been all connected to the display tank would be fine, just make sure that won't get into the overflow

Luke_L

Founder/Admin
Staff member
Imo been all connected to the display tank would be fine, just make sure that won't get into the overflow
I agree. I have seen the result of anemone in the drain!