• Coral Reef Shop
  • Ontario Agra
  • Under The Sea
  • Niagara Fire Corals

Automatic Fishfeeder

seeks

Founder/Admin
Staff member
What is the groups thpughtbon the best fish feeder? and why?

Limey

Founder/Admin
Staff member
I like the ehiem feeder easy to program multiple feeds per day and it helps with a digital display and a manual override, pretty solid construction. The hydor I had the clip inside broke on both units I purchased within a couple months

Attachments

• 7742_11.jpg
    7742_11.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 2

Luke_L

Founder/Admin
Staff member
i use the neptune afs system.... it is easy to program.... but it doesn't seem to like small pellets.... first click they get stuck, but 2 clicks and it dumps half the freeking hopper out.

neptune-afs-canada.jpg

coachV

I like the ehiem feeder easy to program multiple feeds per day and it helps with a digital display and a manual override, pretty solid construction. The hydor I had the clip inside broke on both units I purchased within a couple months
That is also the one I'm using and I love it. Simple, reliable so far.

Andrew D

I use the eheim feeder as well, very reliable and relatively inexpensive I think. I use one in my sump dropping pellets in front of the intake to my return, fish love chasing the pellets. I also use one for flake when I go away but it doesn't work as well unless the flakes are pretty small. With flakes you have to use it with some sort of cylinder to give them time to sink otherwise they'll stay on the surface and go down your overflow. I've tried experimenting a few times with a frozen food dispenser using a mini fridge. Works pretty well over a couple of days but anything longer and the food in the fridge will spoil. I've seen some DIY projects on other forums but never really had the energy or the need to try these.

Luke_L

Founder/Admin
Staff member
I use the eheim feeder as well, very reliable and relatively inexpensive I think. I use one in my sump dropping pellets in front of the intake to my return, fish love chasing the pellets. I also use one for flake when I go away but it doesn't work as well unless the flakes are pretty small. With flakes you have to use it with some sort of cylinder to give them time to sink otherwise they'll stay on the surface and go down your overflow. I've tried experimenting a few times with a frozen food dispenser using a mini fridge. Works pretty well over a couple of days but anything longer and the food in the fridge will spoil. I've seen some DIY projects on other forums but never really had the energy or the need to try these.
There is this little tunnel /stand thing that ehim makes... I want to get one of these days...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210313-155530_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210313-155530_Samsung Internet.jpg
    398 KB · Views: 4

seeks

Founder/Admin
Staff member
Nice, I like the tunnel, but just put a 2 little fishies ring on it.