• Coral Reef Shop
  • Ontario Agra
  • Under The Sea
  • Niagara Fire Corals

Getting frustrated need some help. Drilling tank.

Dannyc9923

Hey guys after using a standard overflow box but not being able to find a aqua lifter anywhere and then doing a DIY overflow but still find myself paranoid about it failing I finally got a polarized filter and check my tank for tempered glass. The front panel because it's a bow front and the bottom panel are both tempered however the back and sides are not. We're both 3 weeks behind having this setup for the kids and myself I'm wondering if anyone has the bit and would like to drill the tank for me. Or one last time does anyone have a collector that I could use for my DIY stuff

Cliff

Staff member
Yeah I am. We must’ve met before? Lol I have two of the three things you need. I should have an aqua lifter out in the mess of crap in the garage. And I should have a drill set. I haven’t looked at them for a while but they should be in the fish room. You are welcome to have the aqua lifter or borrow the drills but I don’t have a third thing.. I have no time to help :(

Luke_L

Founder/Admin
Staff member
Yeah I am. We must’ve met before? Lol I have two of the three things you need. I should have an aqua lifter out in the mess of crap in the garage. And I should have a drill set. I haven’t looked at them for a while but they should be in the fish room. You are welcome to have the aqua lifter or borrow the drills but I don’t have a third thing.. I have no time to help :(
I learned how to drill a tank via YouTube videos hahaha

Limey

Founder/Admin
Staff member
I also have a full set of drill bits you are welcome to use.
Cliff get the aqua lifter to me and I can deliver to st. Catharines if needs be.
I work in St. Catharines

Last edited:

Limey

Founder/Admin
Staff member
If you go to Cliff's I am in Smithville you can swing by and grab bits also

Dannyc9923

I also have a full set of drill bits you are welcome to use.
Cliff get the aqua lifter to me and I can deliver to st. Catharines if needs be.
I work in St. Catharines
Thank you sir I'll try and get it sorted out today if I can if I can get out to Cliff's house I'll just grab both from him if not I'll have to get it sorted out some other way. And then what do I need after that just a bulkhead and an elbow I've already built a return line

Niagarafirecorals

Sponsor
Sponsor
I have a set of diamond drill bits for drilling tanks as well. You are welcome to borrow what you need. I am located in Niagara falls.

Dannyc9923

Thanks everyone I got the drill bits from cliff I have not yet made the attempt but I do appreciate everyones help

seeks

Founder/Admin
Staff member
Use lots of water while drilling and take your time! It is actually really easy.