• Coral Reef Shop
  • Ontario Agra
  • Under The Sea
  • Niagara Fire Corals

LED light feedback

Andrew D

Hey there. One of the channels in the viparspectra over my anemone tank stopped working after only 14 days operation, piece of crap. I know some swear by these things but I've had nothing but problems with them, and the low price doesn't matter if they don't work. I got it off amazon so I expect I'll get my money back but I think I'm going to replace it with something hopefully a little more durable. Does anyone have any feedback on either the AI prime or the kessil tuna blue lights? The tank is 28 by 30 and 26 inches deep and houses mostly bubbletips as well as one long tentacle. I know that neither light will cover this completely but I'm only looking for about 8 hours of daylight middle tank because the rest of the time and space is well lit by supplemental blue LED strips. I don't have a lot of clearance though, so the light will be about 6 inches above the water with overhead clearance of less tan 3 inches so splash and heat are big considerations.

Any feedback on these, or other suitable alternatives, would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. Andrew

Cliff

Staff member
Had excellent success with AI prime lights. I’ve had several of them and they’ve never let me down. I have changed a couple fans when they get noisy but that’s about it. That being said at 6 inches above the water they will have a very small coverage area

Cliff

Staff member
Also Andrew. I think I have a spare prime that you could borrow to see if you like the light spread. That way you could try one before you buy it.

Andrew D

Thanks Cliff, I'd really appreciate that. I'll text you offline to confirm.