• Coral Reef Shop
  • Ontario Agra
  • Under The Sea
  • Niagara Fire Corals

LED/T5 Hybrid

steph

Does anyone have any experience or recommendations for an LED/T5 hybrid like Aquatic Life Hybrid T5HO 4x24W Fixture?

I am running a single AI Prime on an Innovative Marine 40 Gallon and I am noticing a very distinct 'coning' in my light column but don't think I can afford to have it sit any higher than 8 inches off the water. The dimensions of the display are 24 long x 15 deep (didn't include the AIO back chambers) x 19 top to bottom.

I only have some zoos and softies so far but down the road would like to be able to maybe have some sps.

Should I even attempt the hybrid or maybe try multiple primes or even a different LED set up altogether? Open to any suggestions.

Luke_L

Founder/Admin
Staff member
well... i am running a 8 bulb tek light, with a 2 X 22 diy led fixtures.... and i love it.... i seem to be getting good growth, and i still get shimmer... and i love viewing the tank when it is just 44 royal blue leds....

if i am not mistaken, shawn sells kits for diy leds too... and Luigi , and Reefinghard are running mr.wilson kits along with there t5's....

20210405_175852.jpg

Last edited:

Luigi

What about borrowing or buying 2- 24" Ati
T5 bulb and supplements the single light ,this is cheap alternative, I think..

Cliff

Staff member
Here is my t5 retro kit from reef supply and my cheap Sb reef light leds.

Attachments

• B65D035B-5C5D-4A57-8FF1-758A13086C0D.jpeg
    B65D035B-5C5D-4A57-8FF1-758A13086C0D.jpeg
    933.9 KB · Views: 7

Luigi

Wow i cant believe it , but hey if works Why not
Thanks for sharing

Limey

Founder/Admin
Staff member
I have always run T5's with LED blue supplement (occasionally added metal halide) I have just removed my DIY waterproof endcaps with ballasts and replaced them with my birthday present from last January .... LOL been too busy.
anyways i have just rejigged my hood to house an ATI sunpower 24" x 8 T5 LED combo also added 2 x 24" reef brites.

The options on this unit are endless also it is a nice sleek finish if you do not have a hood to house the unit.

The under the seas LEDs are good but the reef brites are another level (you get what you pay for...).

loving the look and you are welcome to come by and see.