• Coral Reef Shop
  • Ontario Agra
  • Under The Sea
  • Niagara Fire Corals

Salt for sale

Niagarafirecorals

Sponsor
Sponsor
Hey guys I have 4 unopened boxes of instant ocean salt ( purple box ) that I'm looking to sell. I am changing salt mix and no longer will be using this salt. $50 per box. Each box will mix up 200 gallons of water.

Philip

After a few years of using tropic Marin pro, I moved to instant ocean as I considered that dosing the trace elements separately was good enough.

It recently occurred to me that when I do water changes (2 -3 gallons per day) I am actually removing water with trace elements and adding water without.

Thinking about moving from instant ocean to reef crystals as I do daily water changes via Neptune Dos and want to keep salt costs low.

What salt are you planning to move to now and what's your thinking ?

Philip

Last edited:

Niagarafirecorals

Sponsor
Sponsor
After using Instant ocean for years and have no issues with pulling great color from my corals I can't help but think I should be getting better growth. That being said I am going to start using Fauna to see if there is a difference. Don't get me wrong I think alot of people overlook Instant ocean as crap but you yourself have recently seen my system and I think the salt has done a fantastic job. I just wanna try and get to the next level. Fauna is double the price so hopefully it will be worth it. I will certainly let everyone know.

Luke_L

Founder/Admin
Staff member
After using Instant ocean for years and have no issues with pulling great color from my corals I can't help but think I should be getting better growth. That being said I am going to start using Fauna to see if there is a difference. Don't get me wrong I think alot of people overlook Instant ocean as crap but you yourself have recently seen my system and I think the salt has done a fantastic job. I just wanna try and get to the next level. Fauna is double the price so hopefully it will be worth it. I will certainly let everyone know.
You going to test parameters on your first batch steve? I'm curious...

Philip

Yep your tank looked awesome, I just double checked and instant ocean and the manufacturers say it contains all major and minor trace elements required, I somehow understood that it didn’t and you needed reef crystals for that added benefit. I think I need to do more research.