• Coral Reef Shop
  • Ontario Agra
  • Under The Sea
  • Niagara Fire Corals

What’s wrong with this parrotfish ?

coachV

Hey guys this parrotfish has been in my system for 8 months now just this week he started having this “ shiny” rash on its back you can see it just beside the dorsal fin on this picture any ideas? 09977A77-4663-4FF8-8FED-C7AFD40FB024.jpegimage.jpg

Andrew D

Not sure, but I have to say I've not see one of these in a home reef before. brave of you, given (I think) how large and disruptive they can become...

coachV

So far it’s a great fish. It’s a Quoyi. This one isn’t in terminal colour phase yet. I have another one that is. They’re stunning fish.

Limey

Founder/Admin
Staff member
Looks like a rub off a rock or something see if he wedges himself in between two rocks at night like the hippo' tangs do.

coachV

Looks like a rub off a rock or something see if he wedges himself in between two rocks at night like the hippo' tangs do.
Yes they make a cool cocoon at night under rocks. Maybe that’s just it. Thank you

Luigi

If I'm not mistaken they eat some rocks here and there,, how is it's diet? Does it gets enough omega?

coachV

If I'm not mistaken they eat some rocks here and there,, how is it's diet? Does it gets enough omega?
I can only talk about my own experience with the two I have. I don’t see them eating anything in the tank other than scraping the rocks n glass for algea. I would think my diet is pretty is pretty complete. They are mostly vegetarian and I feed them like my tangs with spirulina based flakes, nori from different sources, gut loaded frozen foods, pellets n selcon.