• Coral Reef Shop
  • Ontario Agra
  • Under The Sea
  • Niagara Fire Corals

Luke's 220

Cliff

Staff member
Today i recieved an error from my KHG, it ran out of reagent. i mixed a new batch, and re calibrated.... and delete the log file from the last reagent....
i love this unit.... i just got 3 months out of the last reagent.
keeping it at 4 hours test interval.(maximum setting) and keeping my alkalinity at 8 ish... (less reagent required for lower alk)
so it is realistically costing me $10 per month in reagent.... that isn't bad!
Nice! I don’t even want to mention how much it cost to me to keep my trident going LOL

Luke_L

Founder/Admin
Staff member
Yesterday (friday the 11) was my birthday, wife spoiled me and picked up a robosnail!

20210611_172054.jpg

I programmed it seems to work really nice I wasn't aware that it's so loud but I'll just set it for 9 everyday in the morning nobody will be home by then

Luke_L

Founder/Admin
Staff member
It has been cleaning the front glass since friday night on it's own. Yesterday I had to touch up the 2 inch perimeter top bottom and sides. Took all of two minutes. I believe this will help stabilize the tank a little. See normally, I wait till I cant see in any more. (Limey Taught me how to clean glass) when i wait so long i see a huge drop in ph after i clean 5 days worth of glass buildup.

My only complaint is how loud this thing is. But I am not worried about it going to the sand bed you see every time it does a path on the glass it goes back up to the top and it calibrate itself and it seems to use stepper motor counts to know how far down it is20210617_060536.jpg

Luke_L

Founder/Admin
Staff member
I managed to catch the Robosnail in time for a Hyperlapse thus morning.

Luke_L

Founder/Admin
Staff member
So, been running the HRV for 2 months now.... it is set to run all the time, and furnace fan runs all the time... tank ph wasnt as drastic as i thought it would be. but the hrv brought it up about .2 (equivilent to opening the windows) i also tested the effeciancy it using my 6 temperature probe fire board. that thing only loses about 4*c. But my wifes Head aches have DISSAPEARED! Added bonus.

Luigi

Do you suggest that is Good thing?
I would like to install one someday

Luke_L

Founder/Admin
Staff member
so the tank survived the summer on auto pilot... (i was so buisy this summer) with work going crazy... all this pandemic crap, and the 1000km bibycle commitement i made in august for the sick kids hospital.... i didn't touch the tank for most of july and not at all in august.... to my surprize.... with the KHG and Apex.... the tank did Really well.... Magnesium was down around 1200, which may have helped with a little Byropsis outbreak that has started.... but corals are doing very well.... fish are fat and healthy... aside from my goby that jumped out of the tank.... thank good ness the Weiner Dog was PISSED and barked like an idiot at the fish flopping on the floor.... which alerted Lil_Mermaid and she scooped him up and threw him back in the tank.... that was 6 days ago.... he is fine now....

Aside from that... i think i want to buy some new rock, and tear the tank down and start over... because i am not happy with my current layout... and the lower end sps that occupy all of my rock work... lo
l20210905_083531.jpg20210905_082159.jpg

Luke_L

Founder/Admin
Staff member
I bumped magnesium up to 1800 ish... in an attempt to kill the byropsis.... in my experience... only high magnesium or hyposalinity will erradicate it...

Rookie

Always nice when things go as planned, I really hope your kidding about the tear down though, tank looks great to us!

Luke_L

Founder/Admin
Staff member
Always nice when things go as planned, I really hope your kidding about the tear down though, tank looks great to us!
I have some palys and some monti's, and some yumas that will be impossible to irradicate...

Luke_L

Founder/Admin
Staff member
We have some meds that will work 100%
I didn't know such a thing existed... I might hsfta come for a visit..

This is week 2 of raising the magnesium and it is slowly dying off, I don't see any other ill effects from the elevated magnesium.

Luke_L

Founder/Admin
Staff member
i broke my robosnail.... so last night i cleaned the glass manually, it was pretty bad.. lol the fish got some natural nori sheets... lol.... (learned that trick from Limey , so anyways took the opportunity to take a tank shot.

20211214_061310.jpg

Limey

Founder/Admin
Staff member
time to mix up a new batch of reagent myself, Luke. Again 3 months of monitoring with no hassles fantastic unit best buy was this KHG

Last edited: